Let me start with what seems like my standard opening line these days- it has been awhile!
The last month I was not only busy with work but we also moved into a new house! (can you tell I am still very excited about it?!) Not only that, I have my OWN SEWING ROOM!! (I would be doing cartwheels now if I know how to do one:-)
What’s great about it is that not only does it mean I don’t have to clean up my “sewing studio” for dinner time (my old studio was actually my dining room:-), there is room to store all my sewing books and goodies including my
ever-growing fabric stash!
Due to the move, I did not have internet for 3 weeks and had not been able to post or comment on your blogs much but I still really enjoyed reading them on my cellphone – I especially reading about everyone’s Me Made May posts:-)
Before the internet was shutdown, I had been very lucky to have been nominated by Julia of Foam of Days recently. I love reading Julia’s blog ever since I discovered it after reading her great post featuring the cheongsams in In the Mood for Love, so I am quite honoured. I had also luckily received another nomination from the sweet Alia at Au Naturel Essence – whose blog about natural skincare is very interesting – awhile back so I decided to thank them together in this post:-) Thank you Julia and Alia for your nominations!!
My answers to Alia’s questions:
1. How do you keep your skin clean and fresh? I try to keep it simple to soap and a basic moisturiser
2. If you could travel to one place in the world, where would it be? Where my loved ones are!
3. What is your favourite animal? for some reason polar bear comes to mind first
4. What is your favorite type of food? soft-boiled eggs or anything with egg in it:-)
5. How do you motivate yourself to get difficult tasks done? haha, I wish I knew the answer… I guess by sandwiching interesting tasks in between
6. How many times do you wash your hair in a week? 4-5
7. Who do you admire the most and why? my family – because they are them!
8. What is your favorite brand of make up? recently I like Clinique (presented by Mom:-)
9. What is the one word that describes you the best? …thoughtful? (deep in thought)
10. What is your favorite book? Sense and Sensibility
Julia encouraged her nominees to write about something they have not blogged about before, so I will write about the recent smoothie-making craze which has over-taken my husband and I since we bought a mixer at the supermarket after the move. It is quite fun, but we haven’t been able to make any great smoothies yet (was too lazy to try to Google recipe using iPhone). If anyone has any great recipes to recommend, please share!
I am not sure how to check the number of readers but here are some blogs I like to read/nominate:
La Petite Maison Couture – very stylish lady in France who makes trendy clothing like something bought from a Maison!
Except the Shoes* – I like the clever name of this stylish sewing/knitting blog a lot!
Tangled Up in Blue – Kontanze blogs about sewing and she has many pieces of beautiful hand knitted clothing
Linnae Design – blog of a young designer in Germany – beautiful photography and inspiring creations
The rules of the Liebster award are here but my question-formulating skills are not better than my question answering skill… so please just tell us about your favourite something lately:-) ie. favourite sewing pattern, favourite knitting pattern, favourite SMOOTHIE? favourite yarn? favourite way to spend the summer?
Thank you for reading!
引越でインターネットが使えなかった、洋裁ブログを変わらぬ（ネットがない間は携帯で）愛読していました！特に皆さんのMe Made Mayの記事は楽しみにして読んでいます^^
La Petite Maison Couture – フランスでお住まいでとてもスタイリッシュな方の洋裁ブログ
Except the Shoes* – 「靴以外なんでも（作る）」という素敵な名前を持つ素敵なブログ
Tangled Up in Blue – Kontanze さんが書いている洋裁＆編み物のブログ。彼女の編み物の作品コレクションがうらやましい！
Linnae Design – ドイツに住んでいるデザイナーさんのブログ。数々の洋服の作品も、写真もとても素敵です。